Chicken scarpiello recipe that you can make at home. These quick and simple steps will teach you how to make chicken scarpiello.
Chicken Scarpiello Ingredients :
- Chicken Pieces 10 lbs
- Oil Olive 1/2 cup
- Butter (softened) 1 lb
- Sausage, Italian (Sweet) 5 lbs
- Garlic 1 cup
- Chicken Base ½ lb
- Thyme Fresh 8 oz
- Lemon Juice 3/4 cup
- Mushroom (Sliced) 2 lb
- Fajita Mix (4-way) 5 lbs
- Tomatoes 2 lb
- Red Wedge Potatoes 3 cups
- Wine White 1 qt
- Water 1 gal
How to make Chicken Scarpiello:
- Flour the chicken, then season with salt and pepper.
- Place oil in a pre-heated stock pot and sear the chicken
until golden brown.
- Remove chicken from pot then add sausage (par-cooked
- Add fajita mix and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add garlic and cook until garlic becomes “aromatic”.
- Deglaze with wine, reduce, add tomatoes.
- Add water and base, then bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes and simmer 15 minutes.
- Return chicken to pot and add mushrooms & potatoes.
- Simmer until cooked (approximately 10-15 minutes).
- Add in thyme & lemon juice.
- Stir in butter and serve.