Italian Chicken cacciatore is a popular dish in many parts of the world. Cacciatore is popularly made with braised chicken (pollo alla cacciatora) or rabbit. Although it can be made with rabbit, it is most often made with chicken.
Chicken cacciatore is an Italian hunter-style chicken braised in a tomato-based sauce with onions, garlic, and white wine. Try this tasty, this chicken cacciatore recipe is so simple to make and creates such a complex balance of flavors.
Chicken Cacciatore Ingredients:
- Chicken Breast Pieces 10 lb
- Flour 6 cups
- Black Pepper Ground ¼ cup
- Salt ¼ cup
- Soy Oil 1 pt
- Cacciatore Sauce 160 oz
How to make Chicken Cacciatore:
- Mix salt and pepper with flour.
- Dredge chicken in seasoned flour.
- Heat heavy sauté pan and add oil.
- Sauté chicken on both sides till done (165° internal temperature).
- Cover with sauce and bake five minutes more.
- Place 4 oz cooked pasta in soup dish and top with 8 oz of recipe.
- Garnish and serve.
- Yields 80 portions
Cacciatore Sauce Ingredients:
- Green Pepper, julian cut 4 each
- Spanish Onion, julian cut 2 each
- Mushroom, sliced 3 lb
- Garlic, minced ¼ cup
- Olive Oil ½ cup
- Basil, chopped 1 cup
- White Wine 2 cup
- Crushed Tomatoes 2 can
How to make Cacciatore Sauce:
- In heavy sauce pan heat olive oil and sauté garlic, peppers, onions and mushrooms until sweating.
- Add white wine and reduce by half.
- Add crushed tomatoes and season with salt and pepper, bring to simmer.
- Add basil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately or store in shallow container labeled, dated and refrigerated.